Thursday, April 18, 2013

Meet the Librarian: Amber McKee


We are posting daily "Meet the Librarian" profiles to celebrate National Library Week. Along with information about his or her job duties, we also thought it would be fun to ask some offbeat questions so readers could get to know each librarian's personality.

Here is our profile of Amber McKee, Reference and Instruction Librarian.

Amber has worked at the Vise Library since November 2007. Her primary job duties include managing the library's electronic resources, teaching library instruction sessions, and posting content on the library's social media accounts.

A few questions for Amber: 

If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do?
I’d like to say I’d do something responsible like paying off bills or tithe the winnings, but chances are, I’d go shopping before anything else...

What do you have an irrational fear of?
Crickets. I know they’re completely harmless, but there’s something about their legs and them jumping at me that freaks me out! 

What is your favorite way to spend a Saturday?
Sleeping in, going to the gym, shopping, church, date night.

What is the thing you like best about your work?
No two days are exactly alike!

What do you do when you cannot sleep?
Usually I’ll lay there and think about how tired I’m going to be the next day. I’m sure that doesn’t help me fall asleep any faster!

What are you always late for?
Not much anymore because my husband is so punctual that it’s starting to rub off on me!

What was the last book you read?
I can’t remember the name, but it was something about saving money grocery shopping; I live a really exciting life!

If you were a police officer for one day what would you do with the authority?
I’ve actually been on a police officer ride along before for an 8 hour shift. During the shift, we pulled a few people over, responded to a couple of calls, and did a lot of driving around. It was more tedious than I thought, and it wasn’t nearly as fun pulling people over as the officer did it more. So, all of that to say, I’m not really sure what I would do!

What are you grateful for today?
God, family, friends, health, and my job! =)

What are the perks of your job?
Getting to figure out new ways to help people in person and electronically, variety, new books/magazines (of course!)

Thanks Amber! Join us tomorrow for a profile of Ashli Thomas, Library Assistant.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment