Friday, April 19, 2013

Meet the Librarian: Ashli Thomas

We are posting daily "Meet the Librarian" profiles to celebrate National Library Week. Along with information about his or her job duties, we also thought it would be fun to ask some offbeat questions so readers could get to know each librarian's personality. 

Here is our profile of Ashli Thomas, Library Assistant.


Ashli has worked at the Vise Library since December 2011. Her primary duties include handling Interlibrary Loan (ILL) requests, tracking overdue items, and posting content on the library's social media accounts. 

A few questions for Ashli:

If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do?  
Be super lame and pay off my school loans and then go on vacation somewhere! 

If you could be any fictional character (from a TV, movie, or book), who would you choose?
I think Elaine from Seinfeld, even if she couldn't dance, she still seemed to have some good laughs everyday.
  
What grown-up job did you want to have when you were a child?
I wanted to be a veterinarian.  
  
In what way are you superstitious?
Anytime I run in a race I eat the same thing.  I don't think that's me being superstitious, just knowing what works for me!

What do you have an irrational fear of?
I don't like people or clothes touching my neck.  Don't even try it or I might karate chop you!  

What word do you have trouble saying?
Galoshes.  I can't ever decide if it has an r on the end when I say it or the -es.  Clearly there is no "r" in this word, but I have to think about it.

What was the last book you read?
I usually read quite a bit, but I read a book that was terrible and it scarred me I think!  I haven't read much since I finished that book.  I have several checked out right now that I really need to get started on!

What is your favorite way to spend a Saturday? Run, maybe cook (since I ran! haha) and spend time with good friends/family.

What book can you read over and over again? Persuasion by Jane Austen, any of the Harry Potter books, and any book by Emily Giffin.  

What is the thing you like best about your work? I really enjoy doing interlibrary loan requests.  I always find it interesting what people request from us and what we request from other people!  I also really enjoy seeing what new issues of magazines we have received.  

What do you do when you cannot sleep? Think about how I wish I could sleep.  Which never helps.

What are you always late for?  
I'm pretty much early to everything. :)

If you were a police officer for one day what would you do with the authority? Ride around with the sirens turned on.  That might get old after awhile though...

What are you grateful for today?
The beautiful sunshine!  The sun has not been out in months it feels like.  It's hard to be in a bad mood when the sun is shining so bright!
  
What are the perks of your job? 
I enjoy showing students how to search for books.  I also like the interacting with students and faculty.  Plus, I get to work with some great people (including you, Phineas!)

Thanks Ashli! Join us tomorrow for a profile of Phineas Phoenix, Official Library Logo

No comments:

Post a Comment