Monday, April 9, 2018

Meet the Librarian : Amber McKee

As part of our National Library Week celebration, we are going to feature profiles on our librarians - Amber, Emily, Bettina, and Ashli.

Today's profile is about Amber McKee who is responsible for maintaining access to the library's electronic resources, such as the library's website and databases.

Here are a few questions for Amber :

If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do?
Pay off all of our debt and our home...okay, that would probably be the second thing. The first thing I would do is go to Target and buy one of everything they sell! Ha!

 

If you could be any fictional character (from a TV show, movie, or book), who would you choose?
My initial thought was Claudia from The Babysitter's Club books, but then I realized I'm 34 and it's sad to want to be a 13-year-old...or is it?

Image result for babysitters club claudia

What grown-up job did you want to have when you were a child?
Writer! I still do some freelance writing but not nearly as much as I'd like to do.



What do you have an irrational fear of?
Crickets!! Yuck!!! I know they're harmless, but there's something about the way they jump towards you that just freaks me out!!

Image result for jiminy cricket
This cricket freaks me out too...

What word do you have trouble saying?
Rural - it's not one that I have to say that often, but it trips me up every time!

Image result for i can't say that word


What was the last book you read?
Crooked House by Agatha Christie. I'm participating in a reading challenge, and one of the prompts was reading a book with house or home in the title, so that was my selection after I saw it on the new shelf at the library!

Cover image for Crooked house

What book can you read over and over again?
I'm not sure. I don't tend to like to reread books, so I guess the answer to this is nothing!

Image result for no symbol over book

What is the thing you like best about your work?
The variety! I have a pretty short attention span, so I would get really bored if I had to do the same things every single day.


Image result for squirrel distraction meme

What do you do when you cannot sleep?
We have a toddler who currently doesn't want to go to sleep in her own bed, so I pretty much fall asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow after battling with her!

Image result for toddler go to sleep meme

What are you always late for?
Everything! I can't remember the last time I've been on time or early to something. That's sad, isn't it?



What are you grateful for today?
My family! I would be so lost without them!

Image result for love my family
What are the perks of your job?
Not having to pay fines on books. I'm a bit of a book hoarder when I check things out, so I would basically own a section of the library by now if I had to pay fines!

Image result for library fines cartoon
Come back tomorrow to learn about Emily Parks!

No comments:

Post a Comment